Páginas

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Window Display!

Wow, what a rush! Wednesday morning I stopped into Park + Vine for my IZZE fix, and ended up chatting with Dan and Sandy for a quick minute. Dan had already asked me once if I wanted to set up an area in the store for recycleDbin, and I said yes, but hadn't had the time to come up with a display or anything. He said he wanted something new just in time for Earth Day (three days away!) and then asked if I wanted to set up a window display in the front of the store!!

He asked me to do this Wednesday morning, for a Friday execution. Needless to say I was very distracted all day on Thursday (sorry to my professors who may be reading this!) planning and measuring and figuring it all out. BUT. I did. It's up.

Many, many, MANY thanks to those who helped make it possible - my amazing BF Nick, who stayed up late and helped me construct frame work; Christian Davies at FRCH who helped me brainstorm signage ideas, emersionDESIGN (esp. Nikki Marksberry!) for support and plastic bags, and the nice guy who helped me put stuff together for a minute on Friday morning.

But enough with the talk. I know you want to see the final product!!



before


after!!


inside

So if you have always wanted to come down to Park+Vine but never had a reason... now you have one! Come and bring me your bags!

Posts to come: Pecha Kucha night, the construction process

6 comments:

  1. Jenny the pics are awesome! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dropped some bags off early Saturday, looked around didn't see Dan so I left them by the display. Almost home I thought, man I just walked into a store and left a suspicious package!
    Or that's what I imagined the people in Park+Vine thinking.
    Hope the bomb squad didn't show up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very cool; congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! 5chw4r7z, I went into PV on Saturday morning with a stabilizer for the horizontal sign (since it was imploding on itself). Anyway, I just walked in, hopped up on the window ledge, did my thing and walked out. Nobody blinked an eye (or noticed; it was pretty busy). Dan was so awesome about letting me do my thing - he let me move other displays around, and didn't get (visibly) annoyed about me accidentally blowing a fuse three times on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I may be missing something, but what are you going to do with the bags? And, can I leave drycleaning bags too?

    clbesl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops didn't scroll far enough, now I get it - duh. Cool.

    ReplyDelete