Páginas

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Leaving and it feels so good.

If you've paid the slightest bit of attention to me this week you already know. I'm getting ready to go on a trip! Isaac and our friends Katie and Dana and myself are all gearing up to spend the next 10 days in Paris, Brussels, and Amsterdam. I've struggled a little bit with not wanting to gush and tell the whole world - that can get annoying. But for me, this isn't just some vacation.

This trip represents so much more. The last time I was out of the country was 2008. The last time I took a trip longer than 4 days was in 2010. This is my first vacation as an Adult with an A. I'm in a secure enough place financially, emotionally, and with my job that I've saved up enough cash and vacation days to go somewhere new with people I love.

I've been packed since Tuesday. I've researched everything from hostels and trains to bike rentals and places to eat cheap, local food. I've been practicing my French (my roomie wrote me out a cheat sheet, and there are some apps that are helpful.) The only thing left to do is leave.

Maybe it's humblebragging. Maybe it's annoying. But honestly? I don't care. I've worked my butt off for the last 2 years to get to this moment. I hope ya'all can celebrate this with me.

Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment