Páginas

Friday, October 2, 2009

Another Com-Post

If you were intrigued by my Bokashi Com-Post (get it?... yeah, I went there.) but still weren't sure about getting into the whole urban composting thing, there's another chance for you to wrap your brain around it.

This coming Saturday morning Park + Vine will be hosting another composting class. This time the focus will exclusively be on Bokashi and how it works.

Check out the Facebook invite here. Today is the last day to sign up for the class. If you live in the city with no backyard (like me) and shed tears every time you dump your organic matter in the trash can (also like me), the Bokashi system is definitely worth a try. I've been using it since April, and it's worked out pretty well.

My only dilemma is where to put the compost when it's ready to go. I currently have a tub full of all this summer's food scraps. If there are any gardeners out there who need some deliciously organic matter to richen up their soil for next year's garden, PLEASE let me know. My room mates are starting to grumble and well, it's getting awkward.


No comments:

Post a Comment