Páginas

Monday, November 23, 2009

Diary of a DAAP Kid: Work! PAID work!

Despite this quarter's best efforts, I have managed to procure a random assortment of paid employment experiences, which definitely have affected my education in a positive way. Right now I am currently working with a local construction/development company on their impending office remodel, as well as project managing for a condo development. It's a completely differenet experience from any that I've had, and I think I'm definitely all the better for it.

There have been times this quarter when I have longed for a "typical" co-op experience, complete with redlines and lunch and learns. However, I've had to be resourceful and take a lot of initiative to make this quarter worth my while, and I am proud to say I have done just that.

So, without further ado, I present to you some things I have been working on this quarter. And have been paid in cold. hard. cash. Kachow!

Taste of Belgium

The most amazing Jean-Francois Fletchet was kind enough to offer me a graphic design gig to help him out with his fantastic waffle business. I designed a gift card and envelope, as well as a tag to go on the four pack of waffles he has been selling for the holiday season. JF has a sleek European sensibility, and I wanted the design to reflect the image that the Taste of Belgium brand is presenting.

2 comments:

  1. Jean-Francois was showing me pictures last night of his newest location in Easton Place, along with.... signage designed by one Jenny K.
    Good job, that mix of paid gigs will serve you well down the road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job Jenny! Thank you for working on this with such a short notice!

    ReplyDelete