Páginas

Monday, November 2, 2009

I LOVE Cincinnati.



You've probably seen these bumper stickers/signs floating around various people's cars, cubicles, and other locations over the last couple of months. And you know what? It's absolutely true. The vast majority of people who live here, claim to not just enjoy, but love Cincinnati. You know, that can't-eat, can't- sleep, reach-for-the-stars, over-the-fence, world-series kind of stuff. There's even a website where you can anonymously post the things that make citizens giddy about Cincy:
  • Its urban, suburban, and rural.
  • Shake It Records in Northside! The Comet, too!
  • Go Bengals!
  • everything
  • the four seasons and scenery
  • The City's Great History
  • The view as you drive into the city from the cut in the hill is amazing!
  • foliage
  • living in Clifton, with all its ridiculousness
  • A bustling happy crowd on a Saturday morning at Findlay Market                                                  (just to name a few things)
You can't claim to love Cincinnati and hope for its future... and vote "yes" on Issue 9. It doesn't make any sense. It has completely blown me away to see the massive outcry from people around the city, especially in the blogging community. Initially I was a little nervous, but you guys pulled through. I knew you would.

I don't know if anyone who is undecided on Issue 9 is going to read this, but it's my platform and I'll shout from it anyway. It all boils down to tomorrow. And frankly, I think it's going to work out.



(picture credits UrbanQueer


5 comments:

  1. A shame that the "love" fades out so quickly!

    I have a backup just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Jenny! Let's go out and get that W today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's cute. I've seen those stickers EVERYWHERE! I need one for Columbus though.

    ReplyDelete