Páginas

Monday, January 4, 2010

Diary of a DAAP Kid: Green Goal #3

Today is the first day of the next six months of my life. I have been on co-op (that is, paid-ish internship) since June 2009. Now I am entering the last two quarters of DAAP before I graduate and get kicked out into the wide, wild world.

I am simultaneously super excited and more than a little nervous. I've never been so ready to do the best work I can do. My senior design project is the culmination of the last 5 years of my education, and will show my development and skills that I've picked up.

My problem is that I want to do the best work I can do and go the extra mile, but I am also aware that it's six months before I graduate and it's supposedly the best time of my life. How do I balance creating kick-ass work and having a fan-FREAKING-tastic experience?

My third green goal for 2010 is this: Go for it.

I want to experience new things. I want to completely conquer my capstone project. I want to excel in my classes. I want to create new memories and jump outside my comfort zone with my friends. Yet simultaneously, I want to get sleep each night and not completely freak out over the amount of school work that will be in my life this quarter.

It is not sustainable to be a DAAP student, sometimes. I've done the whole "not sleep, eat or shower for three days in a row" thing... and it's not fun. It makes me grumpy and I don't even know if it's worth it in the long run.

I've gotta focus and TCB, that is, Take Care of Business. Get the school work done, and don't look back. I want to remember my last six months of school as some of the best times of my life!



KACHOW!

1 comment:

  1. This year you're gonna get life in a headlock and give it a nuggy until it cries uncle.
    I can feel it.

    ReplyDelete