Páginas

Monday, May 24, 2010

Walking... er... Biking... the Walk

I've been preaching the good news of safe and responsible bike riding for quite a while now, but in my heart of hearts I have felt I've been living a lie. How could I possibly rail about idiots riding the wrong way down the sidewalk when I didn't even own my own bike?!

But now... redemption. I purchased my own little bike last week from a lovely gal on Twitter, and now I am proud to say that Laverne is my very own. I know it's kind of late in the game, but hopefully wherever I end up, Laverne will be my new companion and help me explore my city in an energy burning kind of way.


So, I'll see YOU on the road (riding the right way on the road wearing a helmet, of course!)

5 comments:

  1. If you need any help with your bike, you might check out MoBo Bike CoOp
    Just say no to helmets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No to helmets?! That kind of freaks me out...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quimbob gave good advice about MoBo, they rock, but ignore him about helmets.

    I would not be alive today if I had not been wearing a help when hit by a motorist. Drivers here mostly seem to suck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok, so you can take your advice from a guy whose screen name is derived from a word for womb or from a guy whose screen name is derived from the name of a god of trickery.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wear a helmet! I know you will...you were raised right. I'm getting a bike soon too. I have it, but it's getting fixed right now. It's amazing what college students leave behind when they leave campus.

    ReplyDelete