Páginas

Thursday, September 16, 2010

ScanPan!!

I am gradually getting settled in to my own little apartment, but after having lived with 6 girls for three years, I did not start out with much in the way of apartment furnishings.


I got super lucky with my social network, and managed to collect several furniture pieces (futon, chairs, tables, bookcase, kitchen cart) for very little cost through my friends on Twitter. 

A few weeks ago, I even got a free cooking pan! Savor the Thyme gave away a free ScanPan, which is a Danish cookware company. They have invented a new type of non-stick cookware that is completely PFOA free - aka no nonstick/Teflon gross chemicals trickling into your food and raising your cholesterol. 

I'm an aspiring cook - my roomie once told me she didn't think I could make anything to eat with less than 3 ingredients (she's pretty much right) and so I was STOKED to get an awesome new pan to use. 2 weeks later, and let me tell you what, this is a great pan. It's made out of recycled cast aluminum, which heats evenly and is hey, recycled! Double win.

I initiated the pan with a simple enough task - caramelizing some veggies for a fancy grilled cheese (see, more than three ingredients!) and the pan did a great job. It's also stood up to eggs, gravy, and several other tasks. Check it out!


ready for action!

onions and shrooms are looking good.

mmmmm....

transferred veggies to a sandwich...

finished product!

SuperYUM, FTW!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny - Because there's so much misinformation out there about Teflon, I'm not surprised that you are concerned. I'm a representative of DuPont though, and hope you'll let me share some information with you and your readers so that everyone can make truly informed decisions.

    In reference to your post, the study observed a correlation between PFOA and PFOS and cholesterol levels, but as noted by the authors, the study cannot determine whether elevated PFOA and/or PFOS levels caused the observed higher cholesterol levels, or whether there is another explanation. Based on extensive health and toxicological studies, DuPont believes that PFOA exposure does not pose a health risk to the general public. http://www2.dupont.com/PFOA2/en_US/PFOA_and_human_health.html

    Thanks, and I appreciate your consideration of this comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That sammich looks delicious, Jenny!
    It looks SuperYum indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete