Páginas

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Oh Hey There, Henry

My kittens are ridiculous. I'm pretty certain they are a new hybrid of puppy-cat. They eat lettuce, chew up shoes, and chase their tails.

Henry in particular really enjoys hiding under small spaces and peeking out from under them. His expression says, "oh hey there, what's up?"



Oh hey there, Henry.

weirdo.


Lady peeks out from things as well. 

I just found out I'll be interviewing with a prestigious design firm in Washington D.C. next week. I'm super excited and nervous all in one. Cincinnati, you know I don't want to leave you. I've stayed around when it wasn't convenient, always coming back and telling everyone how awesome you are. 

I've given you as much as I can, Cincy. I've gotta go where I'm wanted, even if in some ways it breaks my heart.



6 comments:

  1. Very cute kitties! My younger cat was like that before she got too fat. ;)

    As for leaving Cincinnati, I can relate to how hard it is to do when you've given your heart to a place and its people. It will take time, but if you have to leave, think of it as the beginning of a new adventure. Remember that you can always come back and visit, and people will miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures. Love black and white cats. Have had many over decades & they are sweet temperament. We also have a black cat! Three of my recent cats have played fetch, and most all greet us at door when we come home, and my youngest likes lettuce, or any people food (That is only safe for cats of course, no onion or chocolate) My Oscar chewed on lamp shade edges as a kitten (still have the marks) and Stewart chews on things like edges of boxes.

    As far as leaving for another city, that is HUGE but also an awesome opportunity. I wish you well & keep us posted. The good thing about Twitter is you can keep in touch with the Cincinnati area folks! Good luck and do what your gut tells you and the heart will catch up later.

    Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the kitty pics, Jenny. They have such personality!

    Sending you lots of good thoughts for next week, too. If they have a bit of sense in D.C., they'll easily see all that awesome creativity and passion you have to share. A real loss for Cincinnati, but you deserve all the world has to offer. Plus, this city needs talented, sensible types for the long run. Maybe that means you grow your skills and experience somewhere else, and if it's right, you can always come back, with that upper hand, and be at home here again.

    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think DC would be an incredible opportunity, you're still young and you'd build a new community fast. Break a leg, it will be good for you but suck for us, keep chasing the dream Jenny.

    Henry, what a cutie

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL. Great pics. Cats are soo funny.

    ReplyDelete