Saturday, April 4, 2009

Inauguration Day

well, hey there! I’m Jenny K, a University of Cincinnati interior design student. In my furniture design class last quarter, I designed and built a prototype for a series of containers made exclusively out of plastic grocery bags. They were really well received, and it’s been suggested that I start making more for retail sale online and in the Cincinnati area.



recycled bins!

there are three sizes: the one on the left is 20″ high by 20″ wide - it’s a half circle shape. The other two are both quarter circle shaped - the one on the right is 10″ wide by 20″ high, and the small one in the middle is 10″ wide and 10″ high. In theory they could all fit together and form one big circle.

I am originally from Indiana, but have lived in Cincinnati for four years now. I love being here, and I love the undercurrent of activity that is always going on. Some of my classmates complain that there’s “never anything going on”… obviously they just need to open their eyes and get out of Clifton occasionally! Seriously though, I love (and try to be involved in) the local theatre scene, all the green/sustainable stuff that’s going on, and the amazing restaurants and foodie offerings that are available in this area.

I’ve been stalking keeping up with all the local blogs having to do with aforementioned topics, and these people seem to be really well informed and eager to share their knowledge with the rest of the world. As a student and a designer, I have my own unique perspective to offer on everything going on in Cincy… so, I’m going to give it a shot.

Check back to read reviews of products/places, my take on local events/happenings (downtown, uptown, and elsewhere), the process I am going through in this whole “entrepenuership” thing, and any other crazyness that might come my way. I’d love to hear from you!

-jennykay

2 comments:

  1. Great idea...nice work teaming with Dan at Park + Vine too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very cool. I remember seeing your tweets about the Park+Vine project. You should come out to New Media Cincinnati sometime. I bet you'd find a lot of familiar faces.

    ReplyDelete