Páginas

Monday, April 6, 2009

Opening Day

Despite having to finish an enormous homework assignment that was due at 5 pm today, I still got to get out and somewhat enjoy Opening Day festivities today. I am not native to Cincinnati, and never got to experience what the fuss was all about... before today.
I missed the parade (check 5chw4r7z for some great pics!) but managed to hoof it down to Fountain Square for the opening pitch.



Since the weather was so terrible today, I am not surprised that there were so few people out on the Square watching the game on the big screen. There were a few brave souls, including the two nice ladies sharing the umbrella/table with me, and we chatted about how awesome Cincinnati is during the commercial breaks. The TV network managed to stretch a 1:00 start time into an almost 1:30 opening pitch, so I retreated under the Skyline tent to snag a coney before my fingers froze together.



I'm not a huge fan of coneys - I feel like by the time I'm finished eating one, the bun is all soggy and gross - but this was quite possibly the most delicious meat and cheese covered hot dog (with mustard and onion of course!) I've EVER had. My theory is that they become exponentially more delicious according to how crappy it is outside.

Anyway, the first pitch came and went, and I ran for cover (and warmth and Internet access) at Ingredients, the restaurant inside the Westin. The staff was nice enough (and the place was empty enough) to let me stay much longer than my croissant and yogurt warranted. However, I was able to finish aforementioned homework assignment and get it printed off at the Kinko's next door.

It was a productive, fun (if not freezing!) day, to say the least.

*******************************

Compost update: I foolishly left the compost bucket and the Bokashi feed outside on the back porch to save room and to prevent any potential smell-age....
and apparently the rodents like the Bokashi probiotic feeder stuff. The bag was ripped open and there was a small mess on the porch.



I hope that raccoon has improved bowel movements and a happy tummy... cuz that stuff is 10$ a bag!! Needless to say, the compost and feed is back in the house. I thought I heard some scratching outside, though. Can't tell if it's the Musical Theatre kids who live on Lyons, or the rodents back for some more goodies.

1 comment:

  1. The first year we went to the Opening day parade it was almost 80 and we got spoiled. Last year and yesterday, damn cold and rainy. they need to move opening day back a week.

    ReplyDelete