Páginas

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Know Theatre/Fringe Fest Night

It's been another busy couple of days. What else is new, right? Yesterday I went to a Jelly Tweetup - where professionals who work remotely can have some human interaction for the day. Despite some unfortunate spotty Internet connection, it was really neat to meet some Social Networking type people - including Debba from Girlfriendology and tell them about recycleDbin.

It looks like the next steps for me (business wise, anyway) are to make some sweet business cards and get a display and bag collection set up in our favorite green general store! (wink, wink) seriously, though. No time like the present. I'm just one heat gun and 300 plastic bags away from my next set of prototypes. Let me know if you would like to unload your bags on me. I'd love to have them.

Ah, yes. The point of the post! I hopped on Cincinnati Imports earlier this week and saw they were having a sign up for Fringe Festival volunteers. I conned my lovely (er, amazing and incredibly masculine) boyfriend into coming with me. Not only did we get to meet Mr. and Ms. 5chw4r7z, we also signed up to volunteer as Art Hosts for an evening of the Fringe Festival - that would be May 28th, come visit. I'm also working a promo booth at Findlay Market some Saturday in May.

Not only was there delicious nacho cheese and discounted Moerlein OTR.... we also got to preview Know's new show: Vigils, for free! In case you're interested, it's another great show from this season's stellar cast including Fang Du, Jenny Guy, and the always delicious and occasionally almost naked Daniel Hines. BF and I have had the pleasure of seeing these folks in Reefer Madness and I Love You Because... so we were looking forward to another great delivery. We were not disappointed.

Vigils is an play that explores the grieving process in an emotional (and occasionally humorous) way. Being no stranger to grief, it was like watching myself on stage as Jenny Guy (playing the leading lady, a widow) learns to let go of her dead husband. (note: I am not a widow. but still.) Vigils is a touch experimental, so be prepared to have an open mind and simply enjoy yourself. Fang and Daniel play stellar supporting roles. They both have great senses of comedic timing, and who doesn't love a quick aria on stage? I guess you'll have to go see it to see what I mean!


Jenny Guy, Daniel Hines, Fang Du in "Vigils." copyright Know Theatre Cincinnati, 2009.

Vigils opens April 11th and runs through April 29th. Tickets are $12 (yay endowment money!) Cast also includes Chris Wesselman and an adorable Ilana Frankel.

2 comments:

  1. that is so funny, avani and i were there too! i am sorry we didn't see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the Cincinnati bloggerdome! Bob's still trying to get me into twitter, but I don't think I'll be heading to the dark side anytime soon.

    I'm sure we'll see you around...

    ReplyDelete