Páginas

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Balluminaria!

One of my very favorite Cincinnati events of the entire year was last weekend. Every year the Parks Department and several local hot air balloon companies come together to present the public with a balloon glow over Mirror Lake at Eden Park.

The array of colorful balloons glowing and reflected in the water is a photographer's dream, and I used the opportunity to play with the settings on my camera. This is why some of the pictures are very dark and others have a visible backdrop.








My favorite balloon was the one on the very end. They all had names - that particular one was Socrates. He looks so cheerful!


***************

I picked up a part time retail job for the holidays, and my first shift is on Black Friday. It's not a ton of money, but working retail (this store especially) helps me learn more about design in a hands on way. They also said I can help with setting up displays and stuff! Plus, the employee discount is pretty sweet. I'm sure I'll have loads of harrowing tales to tell once the season is over.

Until then, here's hoping the rest of this week is full of thanks.

3 comments:

  1. Thankfully there was no "Remax" balloon ruining everything. - Baker

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty...
    Good luck with your first day of work. I got a part time job as a bell ringer for Salvation Army that I start on Monday. Yay!

    ReplyDelete