Thursday, November 11, 2010

Landor 110: Day 7 - an end and a beginning

 My last day of Landor 110? How could it be?! I was definitely bummed when I saw that I had reached the end of my sketchbook.

Tuesday, 1.10 pm. The view from my office building, 9 stories up in the middle of downtown Cincinnati. Today I couldn't help but notice all the rooftops as I stared out across the cityscape. Rooftops that hide from view behind facades and up way out of sight from the walkers and the drivers of the street below.

So much is going on that we don't even see or realize.

Sketch:
























Word:

I wanted to go outside and play in the beautiful sunshine, but instead sat wistfully inside, munching some leftovers  and sketching for my 10 minutes or so, knowing that by the time the workday was done the sun would be setting. Damn you, November.























Photo:

rooftops! 

 














Color:

Green, an overabundance of energy and new life.
































This was such a great little exercise. I miss sketching more than I realized. I'm glad for the job I have, but my artsy nature is sometimes a bit squashed. I am definitely going to have to get a new sketchbook for myself!

I took out all my color swatches and viewed my emotions over the last week. Pretty beautiful.
'

No comments:

Post a Comment