Páginas

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

First Sale

I am officially in business! Sold my first bin to Michelle as a Mother's Day present. I am making another one for her to keep. Check it out:



The Target bags are a really effective pattern and design. Do you have any other ideas of bags you'd like to see?

I went home for Mother's Day with the BF and my mom, sister and boyfriend all helped make a bin for my grandma. Grandpa made me wooden molds for my project, so this was sort of a thank you gift as well as showing my family how the process works - they've heard about it enough!

The really cool thing was that Grandma and Grandpa had given me some bags - two of them were from a meat market that closed sometime last year. I used the two bags on the sides of the small bin, and now Grandma and Grandpa have a memory in their bag of a place where they used to shop.

School is starting to pick up - only 4 weeks left, and I am still without a co-op job - but hopefully after the quarter is over I can really get to work on making more bins!

2 comments:

  1. Are there any issues with using another company's brand/logo in this way? Looks pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Target bin!
    I don't see how a business could complain, its a found item, mybe once you start selling 100,000 of them a year maybe, but I wouldn't worry about it.
    Free advertising for them right?

    ReplyDelete