Páginas

Monday, May 25, 2009

Just a Cincy Weekend

I've been really busy on the weekends this quarter, and so this weekend was the first weekend where I was a)in town and b)not completely booked the entire time. I still managed to get in some fun between the homework.

Friday night - Red's Game!

One of my friends found this "deal" for the Red's game - 8 seats for $80 (+online shipping charges) AND a free pizza from LaRosa's! Sweet, right? Here's the catch(es):

1 - You can't bring the pizza in the stadium (no open containers, including pizza boxes) This means stuffing your face with pizza right outside the gate. Super attractive.



2 - Nosebleed seats. We were three rows from the top. It was a great view, but my vertigo definitely kicked in a little bit. I've been super spoiled with great seats every time I've gone to see the Reds.



However, it was a great game, AND a surprise (to me) to see the AWESOME fireworks show after the game. Definitely didn't see that one coming. It was about 20 minutes long, and pretty freakin' sweet.



Saturday night - Arnold's!

My roomie Steph and I went to Arnold's with my friends Hinal and Koral on Saturday evening. They are exchange students from India, and we thought Arnold's would be a fun place to go since it's the oldest bar and town and has a great vegetarian spread.

We were not disappointed! The food was great, we got to sit in the courtyard, and we had a blast.



Koral and Hinal



Then we went to Devou Park in Kentucky to get a good view of the city. It's pretty blurry, but I was able to get a picture of the Red's Screen FROM KENTUCKY.



Check back tomorrow for my picks for Best and Worst Tastes of Cincinnati.

1 comment:

  1. You can see where I was sitting in the second picture, top right hand corner. Awesome game and the Reds won!
    w00t.
    I kind of like those high seats, great view and less distractions of people walking back and forth in front of you.
    That said I won't pass up the odd field level tickets that come my way.
    Totally missed you both days at Taste, but I bet you can't avoid me for the entire run of Fringe.

    ReplyDelete