Páginas

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Diary of a DAAP kid: co-op (part 2)

I am officially started in the first week of work at my new co-op job in downtown Cincinnati. Let me tell you what... it is SO much better than school!

Yeah, I'm working the 8-5. But after 5 pm (or overtime, if it's needed), you can stick a fork in me, cuz I'm DONE.

No projects.

No homework.

No papers.

No studying.


Just sweet, sweet free time in the weekends and the evenings where I can do whatever I please... like making more bins!!

Yep, I'm almost finished with the bin that Michelle requested well... a while ago. Stay tuned for finished pictures!!

5 comments:

  1. And you can't put a price tag on real world experience, no matter how good the school and classes, it can never replace experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. jen! so.. i think i'm going to re-visit this whole blog lifestyle.. ha.. i miss xanga--- lame, eh?
    so. be on the watch.. it was nice to follow you for a bit :) glad to see you're still writing... i miss you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I met you at the Havana event for CWB. Kudos on the recycling project! I read something interesting in a craft mag about fusing plastic bags together with an iron (parchment paper inbetween the heat and the plastic) and sewing the platic together like fabric to create hands bags etc. I would like to try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job on the project. I do like watching to see what you are coming up with next. Take care and enjoy life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the comments, friends!

    -bob- co-op is the REASON I'm at UC - paying out of state tuition sucks, but at least I'll graduate with 18 months of experience!

    -Eliz- I love your writing, and I look forward to keeping up with your online life ;) I plan on updating the other blog as well, this one just takes more precedence. Don't give up on me just yet! xoxo

    - Hi Tina! Fusing is precisely how I make the bins. Stay tuned for how-to posts.

    -Bionic (don't remember your name, sorry!) - I remember meeting you at CWB. the blog looks great. Thanks for keeping up with me :)

    ReplyDelete