Páginas

Monday, April 12, 2010

Compost Update

It has now been over a year since I have been composting at my home in Clifton!! You may remember how excited I was to embark upon my smelly little journey of fermenting my food scraps.

My happy little bin, one year ago:
 
brand spankin' new!

Today:

well used and well loved!

I am extremely proud to report that I actually have something to show for all my hard work: crumbly black (only slightly smelly) composted food soil!! It needs to be mixed in with some regular dirt, but considering my house is all gravel and broken glass, it will have to come from another source. Back in the fall a friend helped me with some fill dirt and dry leaves, which definitely helped.

 isn't it beeeeautiful?!?!

The 5chw4r7z's have already laid claim to some of the dirt. I'm hoping to donate the rest to a community garden, or maybe YOUR backyard! Do ya want it? Let me know!!


*PS*

I just realized that I've now been doodling around in this thing for over a year! It's been an insanely awesome year. Thanks for coming along for the craziness. I'm hoping to transition to a big girl website before graduation. I hope you all follow me there!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe I should grab some for my herb and tomato container garden?

    ReplyDelete