Páginas

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Eco-Friendly Kitties

With graduation and the current job search/ cobbling together of random part time work to pay rent, I'm feeling a little aimless and afloat until permanent employment settles me. Last week I heard about some kittens that were going to be sent to a shelter unless someone took them in. After working hard to try and find them homes, I decided to go have a look. Of course, after one glance my heart melted, and Lady Bird Johnson and William Henry Harrison packed up and came home with me as a source of stability in my life.

(b/w is Henry; black is Lady)

My research for the best kitten supplies led me to Pet Wants: The Urban Feed Market. Pet Wants recently located in the north end of Findlay Market, and they specialize in locally made pet food and distributed pet supplies. The moment I walked in the store (with Henry and Lady in hand) the owners behind the counter were incredibly helpful and knowledgeable with my needs. 

I was able to purchase some locally made kitten feed, and they also carry the only approved compostable litter!! You KNOW I was excited about that!

Swheat Scoop is the only litter on the market that's certified flushable in sewer or septic systems by the SGS US Testing Company. It's wheat based instead of silica or clay, and is better for kitty's health, and you don't have to toss it away after it's used. AND when it's time to change, it can go straight into the compost pile! This works out perfectly for me as I was in need of some paper based product to balance out the food component to my compost bin. 


hey, they seem to like it...

Next time you're down at Findlay Market, stop by Pet Wants and say hi. They carry local dog and cat food and jerky, as well as tons of great options for supplies. If they don't have it, they'll order it!

3 comments:

  1. That Henry is a real cutie. Thankfully I have allergies or I would be like one of those people with a 1000 cats in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome to the crazy cat lady club ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute kitties! Pet Wants sounds great...I'm always looking for alternatives to the big box stores and a way to support the local shops.

    ReplyDelete