Páginas

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Google Reader - get inspired: DESIGN

I love Google Reader. There. I said it. I wouldn't say I'm addicted, but with over 60 subscriptions to interesting blogs and websites all over the web, I can't help but get inspired in my personal and design life. I love it because it keeps me up to date on what's going on, it inspires me, and I can share things I like with friends and collegeagues (and they with me!)

What is it, you ask? Google Reader is an RSS feed streamer that pulls new content from all your favorite blogs and websites that update (like mine!) and puts them chronologically into one place, so you don't have to go looking for new content. You can share posts you like with friends, and tag specific posts for reference later. The best part: anyone with a Google/Gmail account has access!

You should check out my Google Reader - what's more amazing than sweet links and a sea creature header?

Every once in a while I want to share things that inspire me, make me think, or make me laugh. I keep a lot of different labels with posts I like and want to remember.

Today, it's all about DESIGN:

Wood Floors Made From Wine Barrels (via Boing Boing)


 Fontenay Woods rolled out a new flooring line that utilizes wine barrels. They use the outsides of the barrels with distinctive markings as well as the insides which have different color tones from the wine.

LOVE IT.

Boing Boing is kind of a geeky Tumblr for those of us who don't have the time to create or maintain a Tumblr. They post a LOT, but every once in a while they'll turn up something (like this) that is really awesome. Also, they have the market on viral videos - so I'm always first to know about the next funny thing. Also, one of the main heads of BoingBoing, Cory Doctorow came, and spoke at they HYPE Cincinnati Bold Fusion thing I attended. He's pretty cool.


Pigeon Toe Ceramics Spring 2010 (via Cool Hunting)


There's a company in Portland that makes ceramics with local clay, and fires them using wind and solar energy. They're local, green, and use a gorgeous clean aesthetic that I love.

I have a special spot in my heart for Mason jars (we did a lot of canning when I was younger), and so I got pretty excited when I saw these turn up!

Cool Hunting keeps track of up and coming trends in fashion, design, food, art, architecture and more across the globe. It amazes me the awesome things they dig up!

Modern Art Movements to Inspire Your Logo Designs (via Smashing Magazine)

Smashing Mag is great because they post tons of tutorials and incredibly detailed write ups on various aspects of web design. I'm not a web developer, so I skip the posts that extrapolate about CSS and the like, but they also do informative posts that help me kick start my thinking by posting lots and lots of great examples. Like this:

Art Noveau logo styles



Art Deco logo styles



Look around, be informed, get inspired!

2 comments:

  1. Hello,

    Wine Barrels are made from furniture quality extended air dried white oak cut in Kentucky stave mills, and the wine barrel gourmet offers products designed to add beauty to your home, save you time, and make you smile. Thanks a lot..

    Wine Decorations

    ReplyDelete