Páginas

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Diary of a DAAP Kid: vacation

Sorry I haven't been around for a couple weeks, friends. I went on a small vacation to Charleston, South Carolina with some friends. It was a really great break from real life, and I managed to miss a week full of rain back home in Cincinnati.

Believe it or not, co-ops do not get paid vacation. and since I'm supposed to work a determined amount of days/weeks. So, if I take off any days, I have to make it up before the end of the co-op session. Needless to say, I worked a LOT of overtime before I left.

I traveled with my architect boyfriend to Charleston, South Carolina, where we stayed with architecture friends and saw (not surprisingly) a lot of great architecture. The trip culminated in a detour up to Virginia, to see Thomas Jefferson's piece de resistance, University of Virginia. Check it out!


sweet bridge in Charleston


we took the Blue Ridge Parkway for a good ways through Virginia.


I'm a self professed city girl, but I got my roots in the country... and part of me would not mind ending up out here...



we snuck onto the campus at night and took pictures. Fantastico!

No comments:

Post a Comment